Summary: This article summarizes how users can turn on and configure online payments for their customers at a global level.
Manage Receivables Permissions:
- Manage online payments, generate payment links, and apply cash
- To turn on and configure online payments for customers as a whole, users can navigate to the Online Payments settings by going to Settings > Receivables > Online Payments. Click the pencil icon and toggle Receive online payments to Yes.
Only a communication contact receives all reminder emails as well as monthly statements.
- When any one-off reminder, workflow email, or statement is sent, the 'PAY NOW' link in those emails will direct the customers to whichever CentimePay option is selected in their Customer Profile
- On this settings page, you'll also find your unique company Customer Portal URL
- To give an individual customer contact login access to the Customer Portal, users must ensure they are assigned as a Communication Contact in Centime. Please also see the specific knowledge base on the Customer Portal to share with your customers.
Credit Card Preferences (Customer Portal Only)
- These settings allow the users to specify their preferences to accept credit card payments and any surcharges that may be charged to their customers on credit card transactions and subsequently identify a General Ledger account for surcharges for reconciliation purposes. To edit the settings, click the pencil icon on the right of the section.
- Allow credit card payments: Credit card acceptance can be configured to Always, Before and on due date, After the due date, or Never.
- Enable invoice amounts: If the user opts to allow credit card payments, the user will be prompted to determine the invoice threshold over or under which to accept card payments. The options for this are Greater than or equal to, or Less than, and a dollar value must be input.
- Add credit card surcharge: If the user wishes to pass on any credit card surcharges to their customer, select Never or After the due date.
- Include surcharge for amounts: this allows the user to determine the invoice threshold dollar amount for which to pass a surcharge to their customer. The options for this are Greater than or equal to, or Less than, and a dollar value must be input.
- Surcharge percentage: Determine the percentage the user wants to pass on to their customers. This value cannot exceed 3%.
- Surcharge account: If surcharges are being passed to the customers, the user will need to enter a surcharge account for automatic cash application (posting) to their receivables.
ACH Preferences (Customer Portal Only)
- These settings allow the users to specify their ACH preferences and whether or not they want to offer a discount to their customer for paying with ACH. When leveraging discounts, always identify a General Ledger account for reconciliation purposes. To edit the settings, click the pencil icon on the right of the section.
Please note if you set the ACH and Credit card settings incorrectly, it can impact your invoices' ability to be paid, so Centime will always remind you of the sensitivity of these settings.
In the example below, where the ACH and Card thresholds are set to "over $100" any invoices under $100 would not be able to get paid with CentimePay.
Early Payment Discounts (Customer Portal Only)
- When the users' customers have Customer Portal access, the customers can leverage Early Pay discounts that are calculated based on the terms set in the invoice
- These are automatically applied so long as the customer pays within the discount eligibility window
- For appropriate cash application, Centime requires a discount account to be selected. When a discount account is not specified, the user will encounter a posting failure for invoices with discounts
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article